>Football Semifinals, Japan vs Russia, Second Half
Football Semifinals, Japan vs Russia, Second Half
Second half result: Japan:1 Russia: 0
- The Russian kick off starts the second half.
- 16th minute and the Japanese No.15 centres the ball. However the resulting header goes wide.
- The 7th minute and No.15 for Japan has a corner kick, however the ball was cleared.
- In the 8th minute and the Russian keeper passes to No.4, who was not aware of this, and the ball goes out for a Japanese throw-in. But the throw-in was directly caught by the keeper.
- The 10th minute sees the Japanese No.14 come on for No.12.
- A Russian player is fouled in front of the Japanese goal in the 13th minute, resulting in a Russian free kick. Just before the kick was taken, the Japanese No.14 jumped out of the wall and was then awarded a yellow card. However, the kick was successfully cleared by Japan.
- A Japanese free kick in the 21st minute saw No.15 pass the ball to No.15 who had a nice overhead kick which unfortunately missed.
- 29th minute and Japan intercepted a Russian pass, and dribbled down field, but the ball was put out for a corner kick by a defender. The corner kick was then put out for another. However this time the keeper mistimed his catch, but the resulting shoot went wide.
- The Russian keeper messed up another catch in the 33rd minute, giving Japan another corner kick. The keeper managed to punch away this kick, but Japan maintained in control of the ball, and was centered by No.15. No.14 then headered the ball which missed the goal.
- Into the 39th minute and the Japanese No. 14 dribbled from the halfway line to come into a 1 on 1with the keeper. But he was not able to control the ball properly and the shot was saved by the keeper.
- Japan recieved a free kick in the 41st minute, which was cleared by the Russian wall. The following corner kick was also cleared by the Russian defence, leading to another corner kick. However this time the keeper managed to save the ball.
- A Japanese throw-in in the 44th minute, was unsuccessfully cleared by a defender, for it hit the bar of the goal and rebounded to No.10 for Japan, whose shoot finally resulted in a goal. The mainly Japanese crowd went wild.
- And there the game ended.
Match result: Japan:1 Russia: 0
This puts Japan into the Final.
Return to the previous page
Return to the Main Menu