Football Semifinals, Japan vs Russia, First Half
>Football Semifinals, Japan vs Russia, First Half
First half result: Japan: 0 Russia: 0
- Japan kicks off and gets the game underway.
- 2nd minute and Russia gets a free kick in the Japanese half, but the ball is cleared by a defender.
- A Japanese corner kick in the 3rd minute is saved by the keeper.
- Another Japanese corner kick, this time in the 19th minute, is yet again saved by the keeper.
- In the 22nd minute the Russians attack the Japanese goal again, but are stopped by a foul.
- The 25th minute now, and the Russians shoot for goal again, but the ball is deflected off a defender and caught by the keeper.
- The Russian No.13 is given a yellow card for a dangerous charge in the 26th minute.
- Another Russian, this time the No.10, is given the yellow card for a dangerous charge, in the 32nd minute.
- Both the Japanese No.17 and the Russian No.5 are shown the red card for unsportsmanlike play.
- An unsuccessful clearing by Russia in the 37th minute, leads to a chance for Japan, which is blocked by a defender.
- In the 43rd minute, the Japanese No.16 dribbles across the field, and links up with No.12 for a 1-2, but the following shot is saved by the keeper.
During half-time, the Universiade mascots had a game of soccer.
Return to the previous page
Return to the Main Menu