August 28th, Women's Basketball at Munakata Yurix
- The Qualifying round match between Czechoslovakia and Russia took place here at Munakata Yurix.
- The thing that stood out in the first half was that both teams had a lot of fouls.
- The Russian team's mood was good, with them netting some excellent goals.
- The Czech team and theRussian team during a time-out.
- The Russian team attacked furiously in the first half, and shouted "Russia, Russia" in support of their team.
- When the Czechs had a free throw, the Russian supporters would try and put them off by stomping their feet and jeering.
- Today's crowd
- In the second half it became a fierce struggle for the ball. These struggles went on and on, and the game began to heat up.
- A lot of players began to seek fouls by falling down, but the referees spotted this and not many fouls were given out.
- The Czech team regained their spirits with an excellent goal.
- And a 3 point shoot went in beautifully.
- Not to be out done, the Russian team's 3 point shot also went in nicely.
- The Russian's passing was also outsanding, and led to led to a brilliant hoop.
- No matter how many times the Russians aimed at the hoop they always landed them, and began to widen the gap again on the Czechs.
- In the end the Russia won overwhelmingly, and seem to be gathering momentum for their next match. However Czechoslovakia did well and deserve credit for not giving up.
Return to the results page
Return to the main page